Thursday, October 6, 2011

Someone Needs a Xanax

Lately, I have been feeling stressed. I usually don't get stressed easily, I tend to take everything in stride. But I also expect far too much out of myself, so when my duties pile up I stress myself out more than I have to. It's so diffcult to juggle everything at once, especially at this age. Senior year is (for most of us) the hardest year to go through.

We still have to come to school every day and for many, the classes are much harder. Some of the classes I will be taking this year include AP US History, AP English, Math IV, and Calculus. I also plan to take the national exams for Calculus, AP English, AP US Histoy, and also AP Psychology to try to get some college credit. This requires me to put aside much more time for studying. So juggling school is challenging enough, but we also need to be thinking about our future. I, for one, have a slim idea of what I want to do for the rest of my life, let alone where I want to go to college and for what. So now I have to pursue something that I'm not even sure of yet, and I know that I am not within the minority here. It is time for us to apply for college, like as soon as possible. I have three applications yet to even begin working on, and the deadline approaches. You also have to think about your ACT's and sending those out, your transcripts, your essays, your references, etc. PLUS, you need to start figuring out how the heck you're going to get through college. Scholarships, loans, grants, all of these are available to us but where do we even begin? Oh the stress!

Along with that though, the majority of us work every day because it would be nice to have some money when we leave for college, right? So when I am not in school, I am usually working. There are things I have to juggle at work too, like all of the trainings I have to get done by the end of the month, and all of the employee meetings I have to endure. But then I still feel like I'm not making close to enough money and somehow, even though I worked full time all summer, I am broke as a joke. I pay for everything, unlike many kids my age. I pay for my car, my phone, my clothes, even my school. Yes, if I want to take the ACT or the national exam, that comes out of my pocket. I pay for my yearbook too, and for my senior pictures. If I want anything extra or if I want to go anywhere, that is all me, baby. And granted, I did have quite the social life over the summer so it's not complete blasphemy that I have no money. But how about when I move out and I have even more things to pay for, like rent and food? It's hard for me to even fill my gas tank every week. This just won't do if I'm going to be moving out soon! So now I have to consider getting a second job? Is this a joke?!

Then there are all the small things that everyone has to juggle anyway, like cleaning your house, feeding your pets, bathing, and sleeping. Yeah, sometimes I have a hard time making time for these things too. (Don't judge me.) The deadline for senior pictures is in two weeks, and I haven't even picked mine out yet; I haven't ordered my yearbook; I haven't started my online training for work. I can barely juggle school and work, let alone all of the extra things that seniors have to worry about. When do you think I will have the extra time to get anything done? For example, maybe I'd do some things tonight but conveniently I have to work all night, plus write a solid 800 words for APUSH by tomorrow. So it's not a surprise that my head is spinning. I don't know where to begin, and I'm sure many of my peers are in the same boat. If you can even call it that, personally I feel like I am drowning.

I need to hire a personal assitant. Oh yeah, but I might not be able to pay you. Any takers?

2 comments:

  1. I need one, too...so, sorry, no personal assistant here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Danie! I really like your blog so far and you're a good writer. Btw that cow mooing sound you hear in the parking lot is me. Just my way of saying hello to you and other children and making them laugh. Anyway keep up the good work and if you feel stressed out read jess' blog then!

    ReplyDelete