Thursday, October 20, 2011

Better.

Sometimes you just wake up and feel better. The past few days have left me feeling restored. And I wouldn't have guessed it because to be honest not much has changed; I still have far too much on my plate and things are still hard. But I think I am learning to appreciate the small blessings I have in life and to focus less on the negative. All I really need to know for now is that I am on the right path, even if that path is feeling a bit cluttered at the moment. To further this feeling of triumph, I am watching myself grow into a mature little adult person. I have become so independent, mostly because I haven't had much of a choice in the matter, but there isn't a greater feeling than being able to rely completely on yourself as a person. Life throws these lessons at you, sometimes in the most untimely of manners, but it's learning how to dig yourself out of a giant rut that really allows you to value your own growing strength. You learn through experience that things do get better, but they only get better through bettering yourself. And who doesn't like being all-around BETTER. I sure do. I hope this freeing feeling lasts.

"To conquer oneself is the best and noblest victory; to be vanquished by one's own nature in the worst and most ignoble defeat." -Plato
"The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials." -Chinese Proverb
"We acquire the strength we have overcome." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment