Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Note to You, Or Note to Self?

If there's one thing I've learned it's that everyone is going to let you down, even the people that you would never expect. But as many times as I have been hurt, I still tend to believe what people tell me and I still have faith in people. So when my latest "boyfriend" told me he would never do anything to hurt me, I simply believed him. And when he let me down, I never saw it coming. It's hurtful when you have faith in someone and you trust them, only to be hurt. The easy answer would be to forgive and forget and go back to being the happy couple that we were just days ago. But I can't do that, because I know what I deserve and that's not it. No matter how many times he apologizes and says "I screwed up," and "I can fix it," and "It willl never happen again," well I don't want him to fix it and I don't want to take that chance because I don't deserve to be hurt, and some things just can't be forgiven.

I wish there were more girls like me out there. You see, us girls need to have self respect and confidence that tells us that we shouldn't put up with crap. To forgive him and let it go would really be the easier option, but what do you get out of letting a guy take advantage of you? You want your man to look at you with some respect, not as his toy that will always forgive him no matter what he does. You need to stick to your guns and know what you will and will not put up with. You need to stay strong, no matter how depressingly lonely that can be. You need to realize that there are many more fish in the sea, and someday one of those "fish" will treat you really good, the way you deserve to be treated. And until then, you simply just shouldn't waste any time with somene who won't. You need to remember that things will only get better with time and in the end you will be just fine. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? So here's to coming out of this as a bigger and better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment